When looking to buy new road bike wheels, the choice on offer can be utterly overwhelming. As a serious road rider, you want the best performance and reliability that your budget can afford. Not only do you need to consider aerodynamics, but you also need to consider the weight of the wheels, as heavy wheels will dramatically slow you down.
Easton EA90 Aero Wheels
The Easton EA90 is the latest update for the Tempest II aluminium set of wheels. Just like the previous version, this wheel is light, fast and stiff. Feature of the Easton AE90 Aero Wheels include:
• Weight – Pair: 1545 g, Rear 890 g, Front: 655 g
• 700C wheel size
• Front and rear tool-free adjustment
• Cassette Body – totally alloy, oversized inboard ratchet system along with 3 pawls. Precision sealed cartridge bearings together with low drag asymmetrical seals.
• Gen4 black anodized shot-peen finish rims with a welded machined brake surface, 32mm rear, 28mm front.
• Sapim Bladed Custom silver stainless steel spokes. 20 back spokes, 18 front spokes.
• External nickel plated brass rear-drive nipples.
DT Swiss RRC
DT Swiss have created a series of carbon road wheels in tubular and clincher versions. The wheels use revolutionary carbon rim technology to create a range of wheels that are both some of the stiffest and also the lightest wheels around.
They are hand made to the highest tolerances by leading wheel experts. The hubs are stainless steel, the spokes are Aerolite, and the nipples are Prolock hexagonal head alloy and set inside the rim to provide superior aerodynamic efficiency.
The great thing about the DT Swiss wheels is that they are sold separately; this means that you can pair different wheel sizes together to create the perfect set of wheels suitable to you. Perfect for professional racers who want that high end performance available only form a quality range of products such as this.